The Board recruits and hires a suitably qualified person to the office of Executive Director of the Organization for such period and on such terms as they think fit and may revoke such appointment.The Executive Director is the executive head of the Organization and is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Organization and is answerable to the Board in the performance of his or her duties.
The Governing document of the organization is its constitution. The supreme organ of the organization is the General Meeting through which the members of the Organization exercise their functions. The General Meeting is convened once a year. The functions of the general meeting are:
- a) to consider and review the annual report of the Organization and the annual plan for the following year;
- b) to render advice to the Board of Directors on any matter concerning the Organization; and
- c) to discuss any matter referred to it by the Board
- d) to elect as members of the Board two beneficiaries or clients of the Organization who do not have a contract of employment with the Organization.
The Board of Directors
Under the General Meeting is the Board of Directors for the Organization comprising of eight members and the Patron of the organization.
The Patron of the organization is elected by the Board of Directors. He or She performs all advisory roles and assists the organization financially in times of need and is invited at any occasion in his/her capacity. The patron of the Organization is also regarded as the protector of TMOF, advisor and presides over the election of the Board of Directors. The Patron amongst other things upholds and protects the Mission, Vision and Objectives of the Organization.
The Executive Director
The Executive Director The Board recruits and hires a suitably qualified person to the office of Executive Director of the Organization for such period and on such terms as they think fit and may revoke such appointment. The Executive Director is the executive head of the Organization and is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Organization and is answerable to the Board in the performance of his or her duties. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the Executive Director:
- a) is generally charged with ensuring the efficient and smooth running of the Organization and implementation of its objectives, policies and decisions;
- b) co-ordinates and supervises all the other staff of the Organization;
- c) is responsible for the financial and business affairs of the Organization;
- d) Identifies and recommends senior level staff to the Board, who hire and fix their terms of conditions of service.
- e) recruits and hires other employees of the Organization and fixes their terms and conditions of service;
- f) Performs such other duties and functions as may from time to time be assigned to him or her by the Board.
The Senior Management team
The Executive Director is assisted by the Senior Management Team in the day to day running of the organization and Project(s) Cycle Management (Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation as well as Reporting).